Student Media Services is recruiting a Graduate Assistant for Fall 2020
POSITION: Graduate Assistant for CUTV/Media Services
OFFICE: Media Suite, Natali Student Center
CUTV is the university’s cable TV station, owned and operated by the Student Association, Inc. CUTV can be seen by over 100,000 homes in both Armstrong and Atlantic Broadband cable systems and online at youtube.com/cutvsports1.
• Assist in the recruitment and retention of new student members.
• Assist in the overall training of all student broadcasters.
• Assist with inventory, maintenance and supervision of CUTV and other media areas as needed.
• Assist with the education and enforcement of CUTV policies.
• Assist with the production of CUTV programming including news, sports, talk shows and on-air spots.
• Assist in the supervision of all CUTV student workers and volunteers.
• Knowledgeable of news and journalism guidelines.
• Working knowledge of television and production equipment, including digital computer editing.
• Previous television station or video experience – either collegiate or professional—is preferred.
• Must be admitted to a graduate degree program at California University of Pennsylvania and enrolled in classes for the 2020-21 academic year.
• Be enrolled for 9 or more hours of coursework per semester
• Maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA as a graduate student
• Able to work nights and weekends.
• Strong time management, organization, and critical thinking skills.
POSITION SUPERVISOR: Gary Smith, CUTV Director of Operations
COMPENSATION: 300 hours per semester (approximately 20 hours per week) at minimum wage, about $2,175 before taxes.
TO APPLY: Click here
Application Materials Due: ASAP
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org