BS Criminal Justice: Homeland & International Security
Classes begin each Fall, Winter, Spring, & Summer Semesters
Led by a team of scholars and professionals with extensive real-world experience, the Criminal Justice program at California University of Pennsylvania is designed for highly-motivated students who seek professional positions in the various justice-related fields or advanced studies in law or graduate school. Students applying for the 100% online Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice: Homeland & International Security program should have either an associate degree in Criminal Justice or a minimum of 50 credits in general education and criminal justice related courses
The program offers an excellent blend of courses in criminal justice, law, forensic science, criminology, cybercrimes, counterterrorism, and homeland and international security that develop critical thinkers and well-versed professionals. The curriculum and the educational preparation and experience of the faculty are unrivaled. The program provides a comprehensive, methodical review of major criminal justice and security functions and operations. Our goal is to satisfy a wide range of academic and professional interests.
Learn more about our curriculum.
Program Benefits: (60 credits with an earned associate degree)
Through 2022, the Pennsylvania Center for Workforce Data and Analysis projects:
- Protective Service Occupations will increase to 130,920 jobs
- Fastest growing occupations include Private Detectives & Investigators (11% growth), Security Guards (13% growth), and Transportation Security Screeners (13% growth)
- Nearly 1,600 Law Enforcement Workers are needed
At the national level, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects:
- Continued interest in public safety will drive employment growth
- Police and Detectives employment will increase by 41,400 positions by 2022
- Employment for Transportation Security Screeners is projected to grow nearly 35%
- Annual salaries range from $26,070 for Security Guards to $53,910 for Private Detectives and Investigators.
100% asynchronous online classes to meet the needs of busy students and professionals
Complete the program in as little as 16 months attending full-time!
Specialized courses in: Military Criminal Justice, Executive Protection, Criminal Intelligence Analysis, and International Security
Faculty are internationally recognized with academic credentials and experience in law enforcement, military operations, special operations, international and homeland security, tactical operations, and counter terrorism! A few highlights:
- Dr. Aref M. Al-Khattar: Fulbright recipient, book and white paper author, recognized subject matter expert on terrorism in the Middle East
- Dr. John R. Cencich: author and former United Nations war crimes investigator and a special agent with the U.S. Air Force Office of Special Investigations
- Dr. Raymond J. Hsieh: informatics and computer forensics expert who has authored several books and articles in the field
- Dr. Michael Hummel (program coordinator): retired military police (23 years) and served 27 years in law enforcement and special operations
- More Faculty Bios
For more information, please contact Global Online:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1.866.595.6348