Bachelor of Science in Education: Middle Level Education
With the anticipated retirements of millions of public school teachers, the future looks bright for those students interested in a professional career in middle level education. If you have a passion for working with young people in grades 4 through 8, this program will prepare you for its challenges and the rewards.
The Middle Level Education offers students a certification in numerous subject areas. Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), our goal is to prepare you with the knowledge, skills and disposition essential to becoming a successful educator.
Our program is rooted in the standards of the Association of Middle Level Education (AMLE). Upon successful completion of this program, you will earn a Bachelor of Science in education degree and will be eligible for a Pennsylvania teaching certificate.
For more information about any of our teacher's programs, see the Teacher Education Handbook.
Candidates seeking grades 4 to 8 teaching certification may choose from the following concentrations:
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-English Language Arts and Reading
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Mathematics
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Science
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Social Studies
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Math and English Language Arts and Reading
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Math and Science
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Math and Social Studies
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Science and English Language Arts and Reading
- Middle Level Grades 4 to 8-Science and Social Studies