Institute for Law and Public Policy
The Institute for Law and Public Policy (ILPP) is dedicated to education, scholarship and research in a legal and justice setting and its public policy implications in the community. The ILPP is also both a sponsor and provider of continuing education for justice professionals, such as police, lawyers, correctional personnel, human service workers, professional security specialists and judicial personnel.
The institute's underlying mission rests in the dissemination of information, trends and innovations about the American legal and justice system, and serves as a center for study and analysis of legal issues impacting the community and justice professionals.
- Issues reports, opinion letters, findings and general conclusions about diverse questions pertinent to justice operations
- Conducts studies on specific questions
- Acts as a resource center for justice agencies
- Collects data
- Works in the world of grants and subsidy
- Serves as a catalyst for discussion, debate and the exchange of ideas
The ILPP is located on Cal U's Main Campus in the Eberly Science & Technology Center. The ILPP is directed by Dr. Christina A. Toras, JD, MA. The Assistant Director is Hope Coddington Haywood. You can reach the Institute by phone at 724-938-4763.