Current AnnouncementsFROM: Mentoring RE: GA positions with Mentoring
Sent: 11/21/2013 3:46:55 PM
Graduate Assistant Positions
The University-Wide Mentoring Program is seeking two graduate assistants beginning in the Spring 2014 semester and continuing 2-3 semesters.
The University-Wide Mentoring program is a campus-wide initiative which matches current student volunteers with new Cal U students. The peer mentors assist new students with the transition to the university. The mentoring staff recruits, trains and facilitates the approximately 1700 participants in the program.
These positions require dynamic individuals. We are seeking individuals with the following traits:
· Ability to work both independently and interdependently
· Ability to take direction and follow through
· Illustrate experience in giving presentations
· Ability to complete detail-oriented work
· Exhibit strong interpersonal & communication skills, in person, on the phone, and in written correspondence
· Demonstrate organizational and problem-solving skills
Some evening and weekend work will be required, with advance notice.
The position is a 300 hour-per-semester position, which typically works out to 20 hours per week.
If you are interested, you must:
· be taking at least 9 graduate credits per semester
· be able to work 20 hours a week/300 hours per semester during business hours (8 am-4 pm)
· submit a resume to the Mentoring office
Want to learn more? Contact the Mentoring office at 724-938-1682 or email@example.com.