Find Yourself at Cal U.
How do you find the University that's right for you? Before you apply for admission, think about the things that are important to you. Perhaps you want a beautiful, safe campus that is filled with energy and diversity. You need a top-notch program that both challenges you and builds self-confidence. You expect experienced professors who truly care about your success, and friends and a university you can stay connected to for life. Sounds great. But where do you begin?
Start Your Search Here.
- Talk to your guidance counselor. It's never too early to start discussing your college options, and what school might be the best fit for you.
- Go online, or pick up a college directory from the library or a local bookstore and learn more about some schools you might be considering.
- Ask yourself some important questions. How close do you want to be to family and friends? Do you prefer an urban or rural setting? Would you be comfortable in a class with hundreds of other students, or would you do better in a small class setting?
- What type of clubs and activities are available on campus? Look for a school that offers things that interest you, whether they are sports, theater, study abroad programs, or Greek life.
- Spend some time considering your future career. It's OK to start college with an "undecided" major, but you should be aware of your academic strengths and weaknesses. Explore different career options that are possible with different programs of study.
- Take a good look at your academic record, and what schools expect from incoming students. Check out a school's class profile and see if your test scores and high school GPA measure up.
- Consider the cost, including tuition and fees. Investigate different types of financial aid, including loans, grants, scholarships and work-study programs.
- Attend a college fair at your high school and talk with representatives from different colleges. Take home brochures, and see what appeals to you.
- Schedule a campus visit. It's a great chance to take a tour, talk with students who are already enrolled, sit in on a college class, see the housing options and decide if this place feels like home.
- Don't hesitate to contact Cal U's Admissions Office. We're here to help.
Visit the Welcome Center events page for more information about special campus events.
See for Yourself
The University Honors Program (UHP) provides an enhanced educational experience for some of Cal U's most talented students. Learn more...
New Undergraduate Students
Already admitted? Congratulations! Check out what to do next.