undergraduate admissions process
By applying to Cal U, you are about to embark on an incredible journey. We welcome all students who wish to pursue a college degree.
Start Your Application
Get started on your application today. You'll have the ability to save your application progress, log back in anytime to pick up where you left off, contact a dedicated enrollment advisor, and check back to see your status in the admissions process. Review admissions requirements.
How do I apply?
Below are the steps you'll take to apply to Cal U's on-campus and online programs as an incoming freshman who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States. International students seeking admission should follow the international admissions process.
- Submit a completed online application.
- Send in your $25 application fee.
- Submit your SAT or American College Test (ACT) scores. (Official scores may be sent on your high school transcript or by your high school counselor. This requirement may be waived for applicants who have been out of high school for at least two years).
Cal U Codes:
- Send in letters of recommendation (optional).
- Send in a personal essay (optional).
- Send all official documentation to:
California University of Pennsylvania
Campus Box 94
250 University Ave.
California, PA 15419
Need Help or Have Questions?
Admissions representatives are ready to assist you through the admissions process and are available via phone, email and live chat.
Applying for Financial Aid
To apply for financial aid:
- Check "yes" to the question "Do you wish to apply for financial aid?" on your Cal U application.
- Complete and submit the online Free Application for Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA).
Cal U School Code for FAFSA: 003316
- After you are accepted and your financial information has been reviewed, the University's Financial Aid Office will mail you an award letter detailing your personalized financial aid package.
For more information, visit our financial aid pages.
Your Cal U application goes to the Admissions Office where it will be individually evaluated, along with your test scores and transcripts. Admission is granted on a rolling basis. You should receive notice approximately two weeks after we receive your complete application with supporting documents. Once you receive your acceptance letter, we ask that you submit a tuition deposit to secure your place at Cal U.
Already accepted to Cal U? Welcome! Visit the accepted students next-steps checklist to start your Cal U journey.