Presentation Submission Deadline: April 12, 2021
Instructions for recording a PowerPoint® lecture using Zoom
If you are using different software to make your presentation, follow the Zoom instructions below and use your software in place of Microsoft PowerPoint®.
- Make a large format poster or slide show presentation using PowerPoint®.
- Go to D2L and log in to Zoom (to do this go to communications tab, and choose Zoom Portal log in from the drop down menu).
- Open up your PowerPoint® presentation.
- In Zoom, click on Share Screen at the bottom. Choose Microsoft PowerPoint® from the options you're given, then click on the blue share button.
- In PowerPoint®, open your presentation to its maximum size. To do this, go to the View dropdown menu and choose "Slide Show" or go to the Slide Show drop down menu and choose "Play from Start" or click the Slide Show icon at the bottom of the PowerPoint.
- When you are ready to start your presentation, click on the button labeled "More ..." then select "Record on this computer" from the menu.
- This will generate a file that will be saved on your computer. Please save the recording as an mp4 (.mp4) file.
Submitting your presentation
Once you have recorded your presentation, please save it as an mp4 file (.mp4) and use one of the following file name formats.
- your full name-poster (if your presentation is in the category “Poster”)
- your full name-oral (if your presentation is in the category “Oral/Paper”)
- your full name-creative (if your presentation is in the category “Creative Works”)
- your full name-performance (if you are a graduate student)
Here is an example: marksmith-creative.MP4
Send your presentation to your faculty sponsor to review, and ask them to sign your the faculty sponsor form.
To submit your presentation and your signed faculty sponsor form upload them here. You will be taken to a page that has a blue button on it that says “Select Files.” After clicking on that button, select the files you want to upload (your presentation file and your signed faculty sponsor form) and click “OK”.
Presentation submission deadline is April 12, 2021