Vulcan Village Move-In Day
Aug. 11 - 16 | Pre-registration is required
We are excited that you have chosen to live at Vulcan Village for the 2020-2021 academic year! We understand that this is going to be a lot of information, but we ask that you please read this email entirely before completing your express check-in, as there are specific directions and instructions for how the Express Check-In and Move-In processes will proceed this year in accordance with social distancing protocols. At any point, if you have any questions or issues, please email email@example.com or call the Vulcan Village Office at (724) 938-8990.
Please read the following before clicking the link below to complete your Express Check-In:
Prior To Moving-In
- All students living at Vulcan Village will BE REQUIRED to schedule their move-in.
- Every student living at Vulcan Village will be allotted a 2-hour time slot to move
into their apartment. The available time slots offered each day will be as follows:
- 8 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- Vulcan Village move-in days will be as follows:
- Tuesday, August 11th
- Wednesday, August 12th
- Thursday, August 13th
- Friday, August 14th
- Saturday, August 15th
- Sunday, August 16th
- NO MOVE-IN’s will be permitted before August 11th, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All students living at Vulcan Village will be REQUIRED to complete the Express Check-In form PRIOR TO arriving at Vulcan Village or by Sunday, August 9th at 11:59pm. The form will be disabled at that time and you will not be permitted to complete the Express Check-In or schedule a move in day or time slot online.
- Student’s moving into Vulcan Village will be permitted to bring a maximum of three
(3) people to assist them with moving into their apartment.
- You will need to provide each helper’s name, phone, email, relation to the student, and any additional vehicle information that will be on property.
- Once the 2-hour move-in time slot has expired, those assisting with move-in will be required to leave property; so that the next time slot can begin their move-in.
- It will be important for you to plan ahead this year. This includes being sure you have all you need to move-in when you arrive on property. We strongly encourage you to do any needed shopping (grocery, etc.) prior to arriving for your move-in time slot. Please understand that once any move-in helpers leave property, they will not be permitted to return.
Competing the Express Check-In
- If you are keeping a vehicle at Vulcan Village this semester/year, it must be registered in our system. You will need the following information to complete the vehicle registration:
- You will need your CWID (not the number on the back of your Cal Card). You can find
- Logging into your VIP
- Selecting the Academic Info tab
- Finding Degree Works and clicking the link
- Once degree works opens, CWID is in the upper left corner
- Please check your VIP account PRIOR TO completing the express check-in form to verify your assigned building and apartment.
- You will need to know your assigned building and apartment.
- Vehicle Year, Make, Model, and Color
- License Plate Details, Picture (if possible), and State
- Home Address (where the vehicle is registered)
- Driver's License Number and Issuing State
- Parking permits will be included in your packet of information provided when you check-in at your assigned day and time slot.
- Every student living at Vulcan Village will be required to review, agree to abide by, and sign the handbook acknowledgement prior to submitting the Express Check-In.
- You will have an opportunity to review the handbook on this form and you will also be emailed a PDF copy once this form is submitted.
- You will need the following information for an emergency contact(s):
- Email (if applicable)
- Due to social distancing protocols, we need to be aware of and limit the number of
people assisting with move-in. As such, you will need to provide the following information
for those assisting you with moving into your Vulcan Village apartment:
- Relation to Student
- Vehicle Make
- Vehicle Model
- Vehicle License Plate
Arriving for Move-In
- Please DO NOT arrive any more than 5-minutes before your move-in time slot. If you
arrive any earlier, you will be asked to return at your designated time slot.
- If you arrive early, you can park in the stadium parking lot until your designated time slot.
- When you arrive for your move-in day on your schedule time slot, you will enter the property from the stadium entrance.
- When you come down the hill, our team will be waiting for you at the drive-thru check point.
- Our team will check in any helpers, vehicles, and provide you with your access card, keys, parking permit, and any other important information.
- You will then be directed to your assigned building.
- Should there be any issues with your move-in, you will be directed to a separate parking area where a team member will assist with clearing up any issues.
- Please understand that if you arrive late for your scheduled move-in day/time slot, that time will be deducted from your 2-hour move-in time limit.
- It is ESSENTIAL that you plan ahead for moving into your apartment.
- We ask that all students and helpers please wear a cloth face covering or mask while moving belongings into the assigned apartment. There are likely to be multiple people moving into a specific breezeway during each time slot. This is for your, other students and helpers, and our teams health and safety.
- Please make every attempt to socially distance yourself from others outside of your move-in group by staying at least 6-feet away.
- Once the 2-hour time limit has expired, we ask that any helpers please leave property to help us facilitate moving on to the next time slot.
- If any issues arise while you are moving into your apartment, please go to the following
website to complete and submit the Move-In Issue Form: https://bit.ly/vvmoveinissue. This form is emailed directly to our Community Manager and Maintenance Supervisor.
They will dispatch a team member or contractor to address any issues.
- This form will only be available through Sunday, August 16th at 5:30pm.
- Be sure you complete the Apartment Condition Form by going to: https://bit.ly/vulcanrcr. You will have until 4:00pm on August 17th to complete this form. This form is used to notate any non-repairable issues (stains, holes, chips, etc.).
- Should any repairable issues arise after Sunday, August 16th at 5:30pm, please go to the following link: https://bit.ly/vulcanmaintenance and submit a maintenance request.
Important Move-In Week Notes
- During move-in week which is August 11th-August 16th, our team members will be busy handling the move-in process, so the following will
occur until Monday, August 17th at 9:00am:
- All amenities will be closed
- Package pick-up will be temporarily disabled
- Office will be closed, as our team members will be on property
- If you have an emergency, please call our on-call team at (724) 322-8868 or (724) 970-4034
If you have any questions before, during, or after completing the Express Check-In Form, please call the office at (724) 938-8990 or reach out to one of the following team members:
Justin D. Schiefelbein, M.S.
Contract & Marketing Manager
Kristen Ewing, M.A.
Resident Activities Coordinator
If you are a returning student, we look forward to your return and hope you have another enjoyable year! If this is your first time living at Vulcan Village, we are excited to have you living with us and hope you have wonderful year! As always, if you have any questions or if we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to our team.
Please go to the following link to complete the Express Check-In: http://bit.ly/vulcanexpress2