Illegal Drugs

PennWest California does not condone the use or possession of controlled substances on campus. The University enforces all state and federal laws concerning illegal drugs. Anyone who is apprehended by the University Police in possession of, using or offering for sale or selling illegal drugs is subject to arrest.

If you have a problem ...

The University offers a BASICS program for drug and alcohol education. It provides programs that include counseling, education, self-development, substance-free activities and support groups. It also provides an assessment and intervention component designed to assist those who may be harmful to themselves because of alcohol or drug abuse. The BASICS office is located in the Carter Hall Health Services building and will provide referrals and information on other resources and organizations. For more information, call 724-938-4056.