Welcome to the website for official University policies. This site serves as a repository of current policies for PennWest California.
- View academic policies for Pennsylvania Western University at pennwest.edu/academics/policies.
Administration and Finance
- Business Use of Wireless Communication Devices
- Camera Policy
- Campus Access Policy
- Digital Signage
- Employee Recognition Events Policy
- Expenditures of Public Funds, Guidelines, Standards, and Limits
- Meeting and Other Events with Students Policy
- Smoking on University Property Policy
- Staff Retreats, Workshops, and Training Policy
- Travel Policy
- University Credit Card Policy
General University Policies
- Campus Late Night Events Policy
- Drug-Free Schools and Campus
- COVID-19 Statement of Policy
- Faculty Administrative Rights
- Faculty Promotion Policy
- Handling and Storage of Firearms
- IRB Training Requirements
- Missing Student Policy
Equal Opportunity Policies
- Amorous Relationships Policy
- Campus EEEO Policy: Policy Statements and Compliance Procedures on Equal Education and Employment Opportunity and Social Equity.
- Consensual Relationship Policy
- Gender-Based/Sexual Misconduct (Title IX) Policy.
- Hazing Policy
- Inclusive Community Assessment Team
- Preferred First Name Policy
- Preferred First Name Policy FAQs
- Protection of Minors on Campus Policy: Promoting the safety and security of children who participate in programs sponsored by PennWest California or held on University-owned property by non-University organizations.
University Technology Services
- Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) - The purpose of this policy is to address the use of University issued/owned Information Technology Resources.
- Account Retention Policy - The purpose of this policy is to ensure consistent account retention practices in order to use limited resources efficiently and securely.
- Breach Data Leak
- Classroom Use Request Form
- Cloud Application Policy - This policy outlines best practices, licensing, and approval processes for using cloud computing services at PennWest California.
- Credit Card Acceptance and Security Policy
- Data Classification Policy - This policy governs the privacy, security, and integrity of PennWest California data, especially confidential data, and the responsibilities of institutional units and individuals for such data.
- Extranet Policy (Draft) - This policy outlines the procedures that Third Party organizations must follow when
connecting systems to the PennWest California Network.
- Export Control Policy (PASSHE) - Export Control Laws are federal laws and regulations that restrict the transfer of certain materials, technology, related technical data and certain services outside the United States.
- iPad and Similar Device Policy - The purpose is to establish guidelines and procedures to facilitate procurement and University Technology Services (UTech) support of Apple iPads and similar devices.
- Individual Tablet Request Form
- Information Security Awareness Program
- Information Security Policy - This policy describes the requirements for securing computing and network connected devices and protecting confidential University data.
- Password Policy - The purpose of this policy is to require a standard set of rules regarding the length, complexity and expiration time period for passwords and storage of passwords.\
- Printer Policy
- Retired Faculty and Managers Email Accounts Policy - The intent of this policy is to establish lifetime email accounts for retiring faculty.
- Security Incident Reporting and Response Policy - This policy serves to minimize the negative consequences of information security incidents and to improve the University's ability to promptly restore operations affected by such incidents.
- University Information Technology Security Program Policy
- Voicemail Policy - This policy addresses the University’s voicemail expectations for staff, faculty and departments.
- Banner Data Management Standard - The purpose of this document is to list rules and procedures for setting up and managing security within the Banner System at PennWest California. It also outlines the responsibilities of all who access and manage the Banner-based data.
- Logon Banner Standard - Logon banners provide a definitive warning that network intrusion is illegal and also warn authorized users of their obligations relating to acceptable use of the network.
- Guidelines on Breach Notification - The purpose of these guidelines is to establish a PASSHE approach to lost or stolen
Information Technology (IT) devices or PASSHE data and the steps to take for notification.
- Remote Access Guidelines - These guidelines address the acceptable safeguards for use of privately owned and/or remote devices to access the PennWest California network.
- InCommon Federation: Participant Operational Practices - Participation in the InCommon Federation enables a federation participating organization
to use Shibboleth identity attribute sharing technologies to manage access to on-line
resources that can be made available to the InCommon community.
- InCommon Member Request Procedure - This procedure defines the steps needed for InCommon Members to request access to PennWest California Services.