Welcome to the website for official University policies. This site serves as a repository of current policies for California University of Pennsylvania.
- Academic Advising
- Academic Forgiveness
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Passport
- Academic Warning Probation Dismissal
- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Administrative Withdrawal
- Admission to Closed Sections
- Admission to the University
- Appeal Grade Decision
- Assessment of Student Learning
- Associate after Bachelors
- Auditing a Course
- Awarding of Credit for International Baccalaureate
- Books and Class Materials
- Change of Major Policy FINAL
- Class Time and Place
- College Level Examination Program _CLEP_ DANTES Subject Standardized Tests _DSST_
- Conferring of Degrees
- Confidential of Records
- Copyrighted Materials
- Course Numbering
- Course Records and Grade Books
- Course Scheduling Preference for Veteran Students
- Credit by Exam - Course Challenge
- Credit Overload
- Curriculum Changes
- Deans List
- Deletion-Reinstatement of Courses
- Dual Second Degree-Majors
- Early Enroll for High School Students
- Emeritus Status
- Enrollment Status
- Exemption for Traditional First-Year Undergraduate Students to be Admitted to an Online Program
- Experimental Classes
- Faculty Convocation
- Faculty Office Hours
- Faculty Professional Development
- Finals Week
- Grade Point Average
- Grade Reports
- Grading System
- Graduation Requirements
- Honors at Graduation
- Incomplete Grades
- Individualized Instruction
- Internship - Agreements
- Internship - Credits and Hours
- Internship - Definition
- Internship - Faculty Supervisor Role
- Internship - Registration
- Internship - Required Training
- Pass-Fail Grades
- Posthumous Degree
- Presidential Scholar Designation
- Repeating a Course
- Reports and Records
- Resumes-Curriculum Vitae
- Schedule Adjustments - Appeal Effective Date
- Schedule Adjustments – Drop, Add, Withdrawal
- Semester System
- Student Research Policy
- Student Responsibilities
- Student Teaching Outside Region
- Student Travel Fund Policy
- Teaching Online - Undergraduate - 315
- Transfer Credits
- Undecided Major Policy FINAL
- Undergraduate Credit for Graduate Course
- Unofficial Withdrawals and Grading
- Verification of Student Identity
- Visiting Student Program
- Withdrawal from the University
- Graduate - Academic Advising
- Graduate - Academic Amnesty
- Graduate - Academic Integrity
- Graduate - Academic Probation and Dismissal
- Graduate - Accelerated Program
- Graduate - Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
- Graduate - Administrative Withdrawal
- Graduate - Admission to the Graduate School
- Graduate - Appealing a Grade or Other Academic Decision
- Graduate - Attendance
- Graduate - Auditing a Course
- Graduate - Candidacy
- Graduate - Cap and Gown Fee
- Graduate - CITI Training Policy
- Graduate - Class Time and Place
- Graduate - Cohorts Rights and Responsibilities
- Graduate - Comprehensive Exams
- Graduate - Conferring of Degrees, Commencement
- Graduate - Confidentiality of Records
- Graduate - Course Records and Grade Books
- Graduate - Course Scheduling Preference for Veteran Students
- Graduate - Course Substitutions
- Graduate - Credit by Exam
- Graduate - Credits and Credit Load
- Graduate - Degrees, Second Degrees, Dual Degrees, Certifications, Certificates
- Graduate - Email
- Graduate - Finals Week
- Graduate - Grades and GPA
- Graduate - Graduate Credits for Undergraduates
- Graduate - Graduate Faculty Status
- Graduate - Graduation Requirements Application Checkout
- Graduate - Honors Convocation - Honors at Graduation
- Graduate - Individualized Instruction
- Graduate - Internship Agreements
- Graduate - Internship Credits and Hours
- Graduate - Internship Definition
- Graduate - Internship Faculty Supervisor Role
- Graduate - Internship Registration
- Graduate - Internship Required Trainings
- Graduate - Pass-Fail Grades
- Graduate - Period of Completion for Degree.
- Graduate - Presidential Scholars and Honors at Graduation
- Graduate - Prior Learning Assessment
- Graduate - Readmission
- Graduate - Repeating a Course
- Graduate - Residency Determination
- Graduate - Schedule Adjustments - Appeal the Effective Date of Drops amd Withdrawals
- Graduate - Schedule Adjustments-Drop Add Withdrawal
- Graduate - Style Manuals for Preparation Of Papers
- Graduate - Teaching Online
- Graduate - Transfer Credit
- Graduate - Undergraduate Credit for Graduate Courses
- Graduate - Unofficial Withdrawals and Grading
- Graduate - Verificiation of Student Identity
- Graduate - Withdrawal from the University
Administration and Finance
- Business Use of Wireless Communication Devices
- Camera Policy
- Campus Access Policy
- Digital Signage
- Employee Recognition Events Policy
- Expenditures of Public Funds, Guidelines, Standards, and Limits
- Meeting and Other Events with Students Policy
- Smoking on University Property Policy
- Staff Retreats, Workshops, and Training Policy
- Travel Policy
- University Credit Card Policy
General University Policies
Social Equity Policies
Campus EEEO Policy: Policy Statements and Compliance Procedures on Equal Education and Employment Opportunity and Social Equity.
Protection of Minors on Campus Policy: Promoting the safety and security of children who participate in programs sponsored by Cal U or held on University-owned property by non-University organizations.
University Technology Services
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) - The purpose of this policy is to address the use of University issued/owned Information Technology Resources.
Account Retention Policy - The purpose of this policy is to ensure consistent account retention practices in order to use limited resources efficiently and securely.
Cloud Application Policy - This policy outlines best practices, licensing, and approval processes for using cloud computing services at California University of Pennsylvania.
Data Classification Policy - This policy governs the privacy, security, and integrity of California University of Pennsylvania data, especially confidential data, and the responsibilities of institutional units and individuals for such data.
iPad and Similar Device Policy - The purpose is to establish guidelines and procedures to facilitate procurement and University Technology Services (UTech) support of Apple iPads and similar devices.
Information Security Policy - This policy describes the requirements for securing computing and network connected
devices and protecting confidential University data.
Password Policy - The purpose of this policy is to require a standard set of rules regarding the length, complexity and expiration time period for passwords and storage of passwords.
Retired Faculty and Managers Email Accounts Policy - The intent of this policy is to establish lifetime email accounts for retiring faculty.
Security Incident Reporting and Response Policy - This policy serves to minimize the negative consequences of information security
incidents and to improve the University's ability to promptly restore operations affected
by such incidents.
Extranet Policy (Draft) - This policy outlines the procedures that Third Party organizations must follow when connecting systems to the California University of Pennsylvania Network.
Export Control Policy (PASSHE) - Export Control Laws are federal laws and regulations that restrict the transfer of certain materials, technology, related technical data and certain services outside the United States.
This policy addresses the University’s voicemail expectations for staff, faculty and departments.
Banner Data Management Standard - The purpose of this document is to list rules and procedures for setting up and
managing security within the Banner System at California University of Pennsylvania.
It also outlines the responsibilities of all who access and manage the Banner-based
Logon Banner Standard - Logon banners provide a definitive warning that network intrusion is illegal and also warn authorized users of their obligations relating to acceptable use of the network.
Guidelines on Breach Notification - The purpose of these guidelines is to establish a PASSHE approach to lost or stolen
Information Technology (IT) devices or PASSHE data and the steps to take for notification.
Remote Access Guidelines - These guidelines address the acceptable safeguards for use of privately owned and/or remote devices to access the California University of Pennsylvania network.
InCommon Federation: Participant Operational Practices - Participation in the InCommon Federation enables a federation participating organization
to use Shibboleth identity attribute sharing technologies to manage access to on-line
resources that can be made available to the InCommon community.
InCommon Member Request Procedure - This procedure defines the steps needed for InCommon Members to request access to California University of Pennsylvania Services.