Military and Veterans Admissions Process
How to apply to Cal U.
At California University of Pennsylvania, service members and military veterans are an important part of our campus community. We look forward to welcoming you.
The first step in our admissions process is completing an application form. Chose the appropriate application below, then read further for instructions and requirements regarding your VA Education Benefits.
Veterans Education Benefits for New Students
New students and those who have not used VA Education Benefits before at any institution of higher education should follow these steps to apply for benefits and enroll at Cal U.
- Apply for Admission.
- Register and complete the academic placement tests (if needed).
- Transfer credits to Cal U from other colleges (if applicable) and request your military transcripts.
For assistance transferring credits, contact the Office of Articulation and Transfer Evaluation at 724-938-5939 or email@example.com.
For information on requesting military transcripts, visit:
- Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps and Navy: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
- Airforce: http://www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp
- Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for the appropriate education benefit through the Department of Veterans Affairs by completing the appropriate form:
- VA Form 22-1990 (for veterans and reservists, to include Post 9/11 transferability program).
- VA Form 22-5490 (for dependents eligible through Chapter 35, DEA).
- More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- Email the Office of Military and Veterans Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org once you are approved for your education benefit.
Veterans Education Benefits for Transfer Students
If you are changing your major, degree program or transferring to Cal U from another institution, you are required to complete a VA Form 22-1995 (Veterans & Reservists) or VA Form 22-5495 (Dependents eligible through Chapter 35, DEA). These forms are available in the Office of Military & Veterans Affairs or by emailing Robert Prah at email@example.com.
Financial Aid for Military and Veterans
Make a smart investment in your future. Take advantage of your military education benefits, learn about Cal U's Global Online military tuition discount, search for scholarships, explore financial aid options and more.
Military and Veterans Support Services
We're here to help you throughout the application process and your entire Cal U experience. Cal U's military and veterans support services staff understands the unique needs of veterans, reservists, active-duty service members and their dependents. We offer a range of services to ensure you maximize your military education benefits and realize your goals.
Need Help with your Application?
Cal U's admissions counselors are available to answer your questions and give you personalized, step-by-step help with the application process.
Connect with an undergraduate admissions counselor.
Connect with a graduate admissions counselor.
Admission for all programs at Cal U is granted on a rolling basis. You should receive notice approximately two weeks after we receive your application and supporting materials.
Already accepted to Cal U? Congratulations! Get off to a great start by following
the accepted students next steps checklist.