Military and Veteran Support Services
Cal U's office of military and veterans affairs is proud to serve you.
The California University of Pennsylvania Office of Military and Veterans Affairs offers comprehensive support for veterans, eligible dependents, service members of the National Guard and Reserve, and active-duty service members.
We understand the unique demands of service members' and veterans' lives. Whether you're attending classes through Cal U's Global Online programs or are pursuing your education on campus, let us help you achieve your best.
Discover the many ways Cal U can help youto maximize your military education benefits, get on the path to a rewarding career, and reach your education and life goals.
Education Benefits Support
Do you need help transferring your military credits or navigating the GI Bill? Our expert staff is ready to answer your questions, guide you through the Cal U admissions and benefits application process, and explain all of the opportunities that are available to you.
Connect with diverse and dynamic veterans who are attending Cal U and share many of the same struggles, excitement, concerns and points of pride. Cal U understands the complex challenges of transitioning from combat or the formal structure of the military to the world of higher education. This new journey requires a great deal of determination, dedication, responsibility, perseverance and support to get through. The Veterans Club is here to give you that support. Regular meetings build a strong community that will assist you throughout your Cal U experience.
The Vet Center
Cal U's Vet Center provides a broad range of free services to eligible veterans, their families and significant others through the Department of Veteran Affairs and in conjunction with Cal U's Counseling Center.
- Individual and group readjustment for veterans who served overseas during hostile conflicts.
- Marital and family consultations.
- Alcohol and drug counseling.
- Support for homeless veterans.
- Women veterans' sexual trauma support.
- Benefits assistance and referral.
- Employment counseling and guidance.
- Community education.
- Liaison with VA facilities.
- Referrals to community agencies.
- Information regarding local and national veterans organizations and projects.
- Bereavement counseling.
Other Resources at Cal U
In addition to military and veterans support services, check out some of the other resources Cal U provides:
- Cal U Career and Professional Development Center.
- Cal U Military and Veterans Financial Aid.
- Cal U Office of Student Success.
- Cal U Commuter and Non-Traditional Student Services.
- Cal U Office of Alumni Relations.
For more information, call California University's Office of Military and Veterans Affairs at 724-938-4076 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To schedule a visit with our support staff during non-business hours, email your name, information being requested, and time, date and location that would be convenient for a visit. The Office of Military and veterans Affairs requests at least 48 hours' notice for scheduling non-business-hour appointments.
Director, Office of Military and Veterans Affairs
Sgt. 1st Class Jesse Maund
Career Counselor and Army R.O.T.C. Instructor