|General Education: PDE Content Requirements|
|Mathematics (100 level or higher)||9|
|MAT 120 Elementary Topics I
|MAT 130 Elementary Topics II|
|MAT 181 College Algebra|
|BIO 103 Contemporary Issues Biology|
|EAS 100 OR ENS 101|
|Physical Science Course|
|HIS 101 OR HIS 102|
|ECO 102 Economics for Elementary Ed||1|
|GEO 102 Geographic Systems
|POS 102 American Government for Elementary Ed||1|
|Health and Wellness||3|
|HSC 115 Current Health Issues|
|Program Requirements: PDE Professional Education Requirements|
|Professional Education Courses||24|
|EDU 310 Tchg Multicultural Society|
|EDU 333 Technology for Tchg & Learning|
|EDU 350 Supporting ELL in the Classroom|
|ESP 210 Special Ed. Found & Collaboration|
|ESP 311 Assessing Positive Behavior Interv.|
|ESP 412 Evidence Based Practices|
|PSY 206 Adolescent Psychology|
|*PSY 208 Educational Psychology|
|Grades 4-8 Specialization Courses||27|
|ELM 200 Intro to Middle Level Education (gr 4-8)|
|ELM 220 Instruction & Assessment in 4-8 Classrooms|
|ELM 311 Math Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 321 Science Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 331 Social Studies Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 461 Student Teaching PreK-Grade 4 (see Teacher Handbook for requirements)|
|ELM 301 Reading Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ELM 302 Lang. Arts Methods, Assessment and Interv.|
|ENG 101 English Composition I|
|ENG 102 English Composition II|
|ENG 337 Survey of American Literature I|
|ENG 338 Survey of American Literature II|
|ENG ___ Approved Concentration Courses (2)**|
|American/British Literature Course|
|Field Experience Courses||6|
|ELM 411 Field Experience Grades 4-6|
|ELM 412 Field Experience Grades 7-8|
* Pre-requisite PSY 100 waived for this major.
** In consultation with your adviser, select courses from your area of concentration.
- All courses required for certification with C- or lower must be repeated.
- All ELM and ESP courses require current clearances submitted before the first day of class.
- Pre-requisite for all ELM 300 level courses is ELM 200 and 220.
- Approved American/British literature courses include: ENG 107, 127, 148, 150, 155, 203, 301, 302, 337, 338.
- PAPA qualifying scores at start of the program.
- GPA of 2.8 at start of the program.
- Appropriate Praxis II exams prior to student teaching.